Britney Spears reveals she ‘burned down’ her gym after leaving two candles lit
Singer accidentally caused a fire six months ago
Britney Spears has revealed she accidentally “burned down” her home gym after leaving lit candles inside.
"I had two candles, and yeah, one thing led to another and I burned it down," she said in an Instagram video taken in the gym.
Detailing the incident, which happened six month ago, the singer wrote in the caption: "I walked past the door to the gym and flames BOOM !!!!!! By the Grace of God the alarm went off after that and yippy hoorah nobody got hurt.
“Unfortunately now I have only two pieces of equipment left lol and a one-sided mirror gym!!!!! But it could be much worse so I’m grateful. Pssss I like working out better outside anyways."
After telling the story matter-of-factly, Spears casually transitioned into showing fans a workout routine.
This is not the first time Spears has caused a fire. In 2002, the singer set part of her New York City apartment ablaze after leaving a candle lit.
Spears’s mother Lynne described that incident on her daughter’s website, writing: "Britney went to New York for four days. She and Jenny, her friend, shopped every day. One of those nights, they all came in to a real mess. Brit left a candle burning. The wall caught fire and the fire department had to put it out. Brit has really learned a lesson this time."
In the post, Lynne also revealed the singer had caused a fire in the bathroom of her family's Louisiana home, with another lit candle.